PROJECT TITLE: Environment and Resilience Development Project “Building the Gambia’s capacities and resilience to Climate Change related Disasters, environmental protection and enhanced livelihoods through effective, and efficient climate actions, access to energy services, disaster risk and sustainable natural resources management” is a project under the Environment and Resilient Development portfolio (CPD 2017-2021),
START DATE: 2017
END DATE: 2021
TOTAL BUDGET: $ 3,195,000
FUND TYPE: Grant
FUND SOURCE: UNDP
IMPLEMENTING PARTNER: Ministry of Environment, Climate Change and Natural Resources.
SUB IMPLEMENTING PARTNER:
- National Environment Agency,
- National Disaster Management Agency,
- Department Of Forestry,
- Department Of Parks & Wildlife,
- Department Of Water Resources,
- Mbollo Association,
- Tango ,
- National Youth Council,
To bring about transformational change; more specifically, change that protects development gains and takes meaningful practical steps towards zero hunger, zero poverty and zero carbon, to build lasting peace and prosperity for the Gambia as a highly vulnerable country to the impacts of climate change.
- Policy, legal and regulatory framework; financial and market mechanisms; climate hazards and disaster preparedness systems for climate change response and disaster risk reduction are enhanced, adopted and promoted to effectively address the consequences of and response to natural and climate related hazards and disasters;
- Rural, peri-urban and urban vulnerable communities are fully capacitated and committed to address climate change resilience and disaster risk reduction;
- Climate change resilience and disaster risk reduction capacities of vulnerable women,youths and physically disabled stakeholders are built, strengthened and sustained;
- Strengthened and integrated functional climate information and response system established; and existing early warning systems related to climate change hazards and disaster risk management are replicated and up-scaled.
- By 2021, Sustainable Natural Resources Management, Renewable Energy Access, Disaster Risk Management and climate change actions are gender responsive, adopted and adapted
- Impact of climate change induced disasters
- Environmental degradation on livelihoods and production systems for community resilience negated