CENTRALIZED PROJECTS COORDINATION UNIT (CPCU)
The Centralized Projects Coordination Unit (CPCU) is the newest section of the Ministry set up in 2016 with the aim of achieving harmonized and integrated implementation of the growing suite of projects the Ministry is executing in partnership with several external donors and implementation partners. By innovatively creating such an internal structure, the Management of MECCNAR seeks to ensure the proper planning, management, implementation and monitoring of projects under the Ministry and thus, avoid duplication of functions or initiatives by the various interventions, equally, the CPCU shall engender cross learning among interventions and, hence help create conditions of effective knowledge management among the various stakeholders.
The CPCU is headed by a Director who is to be assisted by a number of professional staff comprising the following:-
- A Principal Projects Coordinating Officer
- A Monitoring and Evaluation officer, and
- A Climate Change Officer
Despite teething start-up challenges due to its novelty, the CPCU is forging ahead with regular projects forum, monitoring and reporting of interventions.
The current suite of Projects under CPCU's purview include:
- Environment and Resilience Development Project
- Ecosystem-based Adaptation Project
- Strategic Program for Climate Resilience Project
- Action Against Desertification Project
- Program fpr Building Resilience against Food and Nutrition Insecurity in The Sahel
- Country-based Dryland Forestry Project