The Memorandum of Agreement
The signing ceremony meeting of the Memorandum of Agreement took place on the 24th July 2018 at the offices of the Ministry of Environment, Climate Change and Natural Resources. This MoA was signed between the Department of Parks and Wildlife Management (DPWM) and the Abuko Tourism Company (ATC) Gambia Limited for a private investment and management of the Abuko Nature Reserve.
The Permanent Secretary Mr. Pateh Jah , in his introductory remarks stated that this ceremony is the culmination of ten long years of negotiation and consultations between the parties. He said that this will be the first PPP signed for the enhancement of natural resources management and for the uplifting of the conservation status of Abuko Nature Reserve as one of the most attractive game sanctuary in the sub-region.
The signing Directors of the two parties expressed their satisfaction for the finalization of the process and expressed hopes for a greater future in this endeavour. The Honorable Minister Lamin Dibba, stressed his happiness to witness this event and thank all and sundry for their efforts. The Agreement was signed by Momodu L. Gassama, Director DPWM on behalf of the department. Mr. Lucien Haddad and Mr. Georges Rezk both Directors signed on behalf of ATC. The agreement allows partnership between DPWM and ATC Ltd in the management and improvement of Abuko Nature Reserve.
The signing ceremony was attended by the following officials:
- MoECCNAR Honorable Minister: Lamin Dibba
- MoECCNAR Permanent Secretary: Pateh Jah
- MoECCNAR Adviser : Dr. Malangding Jaiteh
- MoECCNAR , DPS : Alagie Manjang and Alieu Bah
- MoECCNAR, CPCU Director: Salmina Jobe
- MoECCNAR, CC Officer: Bubacarr Zaidy Jallow
- DPWM, Director : Momodou L Kassama
- DPWM, Deputy Director: Ousainou Touray
- DoF , Deputy Director: Malang Jasseh
- ATC Ltd Directors: George REZK & Haddad